February 4, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas!

Christmas is my absolute favorite! I love the break I get from school, the time I get to spend with my wonderful family, and most of all.... time with JASON! I can't believe it came and went by so fast! Even though it might be sad, we still have the wonderful memories we made to hang on to.

Well, the last week of school my 3rd graders didn't make me rip out my hair. In fact we really had a good time and I was almost sad to see them leave me for a week and a half. Key word there is ALMOST because I could hardly wait for us to make the trek back home to see my family. I was so ready for the break to just relax and forget about teaching (which never happens by the way... that's all I think about besides having a baby). I was secretly excited to show off my little baby bump to some new faces too :) We had our last ultrasound just before leaving on our big trip and I could hardly wait to share it with grandma and grandpa to be. Carter is 1 lb now and super active! We can hardly wait to meet him in April!!!

Our trip to Washington was super short, but so worth it! We really had a wonderful Christmas, and even with all the snow, we didn't die on our way back to Utah! There were a few close calls with cars sliding across lanes of traffic in front of us and tons of accidents on the side of the road, but we made it safe and sound. It was so good to be with our family, and our little one made out like a bandit. I can already tell our sweet boy is going to be the most spoiled child in all of history. He already has tons of clothes, toys, a car seat, stroller, blankets, mittens, socks, and the list goes on. It will all be so very appreciated when he is finally here!

Next on our adventure list is Jason's 28th birthday! I am super excited for some odd reason, but it is probably because I can hardly wait for him to open his gift. It is pretty sweet and put me through the embarrassment of having our card declined lol. I just hope he likes it as much as I think he will. I am also planning some awesome surprises for his big day, so we'll see how it all goes. 

In the freezing cold looking at lights :)
Me with my new computer from Jason

Our LOVELY living room

His glasses make him sexy! The braces add a little too... 


Well... the last few days, I have been grocery shopping, planning a birthday party, cleaning my house, de-junking to get the nursery ready, and avoiding the planning of lessons like the plague. It really sucks when I have absolutely no energy to get anything accomplished! Taking 2 naps a day is a little ridiculous too... Welcome to the 2nd trimester I guess... right? Well thanks for listening. I'll let ya know how Jason's big birthday bash goes. Until then... Happy 2013! This next year is going to be incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment