December 9, 2012

Weekend Adventures

My Jason! I'm so proud of him!


Let it be known to all the world... Jason is done with school for the rest of his life! Oh my gosh we could not be more excited! He lasted through all the group projects, research papers, endless hours of reading, and not having any weekends free since September. I get him on weekends now, and it is amazing! In fact this weekend we were able to do so much together, I LOVED IT!

Friday night we both rushed home from work to find ourselves excitedly on our way to Jason's graduation dinner. We were so excited to go to Logan and see our awesome friends! It makes me sad whenever we drive up there too though, because we have so many great memories of living there, and so many friends, it's always hard to go back to where we really live now.

Jason's graduation dinner was amazing! Even though I was so full from my work party at Olive Garden (where I stuffed myself again on bread sticks and salads... how can you not?), I loaded my plate and was off eating yet again. It's ok if I do it though right? Pregnant ladies are allowed to eat all the time, that's what I think. Anyways, we show up in this really nicely decorated place with some very nice looking people. Everyone was dressed up and looked really good, while Jason and I... happened to show up in jeans and looked completely out of place. We just had to laugh at ourselves and made sure to sit most of the time, to hide our lack of appearance. At least our shirts were pretty nice (Jason was wearing a T-shirt lol).

After the dinner, we made our way to see our wonderful friends Carlos and Tyana. Tyana and I are both pregnant, we both teach 3rd grade, and we are both due in April (only a week apart!). They have the cutest little girl too! We weren't able to see her though, because she had already gone to bed. It was so good to be able to see them and see how well they are doing.

We left their place feeling happy and so exhausted, especially thinking about our day on Saturday... We were to be in Salt Lake pretty early for Jason to go to work for a couple of hours and then head over to my sister's place. We figured it would be best if we just went together rather then take 2 cars. I got to sit in his office for 2.5 hours while he did his thing, and then I got to go shopping with my sister! The poor girl was dragged through all kinds of maternity stores however, and I Clarissa Osborn found the secret to being comfortable while being pregnant!! Maternity clothes!! Don't ever be afraid to buy them, cuz when you can bend over with out it hurting... it really is an accomplishment! The whole time we were shopping was supposed to be for the boys, but well we girls just can't help it.

Later that night was our ward Christmas party. I had volunteered to bring a desert and so I whipped something up real fast. I must say... it was the nastiest thing I have ever made, and Jason will attest to that! Texas sheet cake made by Clarissa Osborn... SICK! Ha ha. Luckily when we showed up about 15 minutes late for the party, they already had a kitchen full of deserts. I just hope that whoever did actually try my cake, didn't know it was me who made it.

The party was really quick and then we were off to find the frustrated Clarissa some place to get her hair cut. Sadly the only option we had was Walmart, but I sucked it up and I did. Yes ladies and gentle men I got my hair cut at Walmart and it actually turned out quite cute. SO much better then the way my hair was! I was a happy girl. Especially when my extremely handsome husband decided when we got home we needed to snuggle up on the couch and watch a Christmas movie. We ended up falling asleep to the silly background of ELF.

The Festival of Trees... Last weekend. We've been slackers at taking pictures!
Today has been a relaxing day. We were able to sleep in passed 7:30 until my hips started hurting, and then me made a delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravy! The rest of the day we attended church, hung more ornaments on our Christmas tree, ate a delicious dinner of left overs, and showed up to a wonderful Christmas concert at the stake center. Now we are making bread and getting ready for an extremely busy week next week. If you don't hear from us... we're probably dead...

No comments:

Post a Comment