December 2, 2012

It's a BOY!


Well… This weekend was pretty epic! Not only did I get to spend some time with one of my best friends I haven’t seen in FOREVER, but we also found out some really exciting news for the little Osborn family. The idea of being parents soon has really sunk in, and we are getting more and more excited each day.
Thursday my friend Kyra came to spend the weekend with us. See we girls are Twilight crazy! Not as much as some people out there, but we have always had the tradition of going to see the movies even though they really haven’t been our favorite. We wanted to plan something epic for this last movie, but ended up taking it easy and enjoying our time together. We originally had tickets to a 10pm showing on Thursday where we would watch Breaking Dawn part I and then the midnight premiere of part II, but what can we say… we’re old and decided a late night didn’t sound as awesome as it used to. Instead with Jason out of the house for the night (at a basketball game with the boys) we grabbed a whole bunch of blanket, treats and pillows and had our very own (kind of) Twilight marathon. I must say it turned out to be a much better decision with lots of giggling and talking about life.
Friday Jason and I were so excited for our monthly appointment to see how much our little bean has grown. We were even more excited, because we were also going to find out the gender. I headed home early, got to chill with Kyra for a while, and then drove to the doctor’s office. Once we saw and heard what our little one was going to be, Jason’s reaction wasn’t all that great. It’s probably because this whole time I was telling Jason it was a boy. I think he started believing it, and that’s exactly what the doctor said. Congratulations you are having a man child! Jason just nodded his head and said a boy… cool. Kyra was ecstatic and my mom made my day when she burst into hysterics J so that made up for it.
To celebrate we took Jason out to dinner (he was the only one who ate) and waved him off to class while Kyra and I prepared for our epic Breaking Dawn part II experience. We grabbed our awesome shirts, bought our assigned seat tickets, and decided on Arby’s for dinner. I think we drove the people there crazy with all our laughing and picture taking. They probably threw a party when we finally walked out the door. It was then we walked into the theater and got settled into our seats and saw the best twilight movie EVER! I must say it blew all the other movies out of the water! We loved it J
Saturday we were sad it was Kyra’s last day, but we spent it taking all kinds of pictures. We also met an 11 year old author and decided to play a pretty intense game of Phase 10. The stakes were set high with the loser having to make no bake cookies for everyone, and just my luck guess who was the loser! Me….




Sunday we had a nice relaxing day, and were able to google chat with the fam. All of our plans for thanksgiving didn’t really include each other, so it was good to say our hellos and wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.  So, yeah… our weekend rocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment