February 4, 2013

life as we know it

Hey! Yes, we are alive... life has been its usual crazy self. Sorry for dumping all of these post on ya at once, but life as a teacher is a very crazy one. I feel like I never have time to stop and breath. Weekends are always for work and sometimes playing with friends and family. A little sad, but well... there you have it.

It's Martin Luther King DAY!! I must say that I am very excited. Mostly just to have the day off to relax. However, does a teacher ever get to relax? Of course not! I am surrounded by lesson materials, papers to grade, and report card comments to write. It would be very helpful if I had motivation to work on them right now or really do anything for that matter. All I really want to do is snuggle up by the fire with a movie and a nice long glorious nap. I'll probably never get around to that either, which is of course why I am online blabbing to the world about my wonderful complications.

This week has been filled with all kinds of craziness! It's funny that I can't really think of all the busy things I have had to do, but it's probably because pregnancy brain has taken over my life. I have to write things down as soon as I think of them or, they are completely gone. Never to reveal themselves again. One good thing we did do this week is date night! Our usual dinner and movie occurred  but ya know I think I would like to switch it up a bit next time. We need to go on some kind of adventure instead of worrying about how much this pregnant lady doesn't want to cook and how tired she is. If you have any amazing date ideas for us... we'd love to have them :) Unfortunately we have gotten a little rusty on the creative spectrum and have really lacked the energy or motivation.

You know... aside from feeling rather large (I have to keep telling myself each day, even while working out, don't worry Clarissa... big is beautiful!), not having energy ever, and having to pee all the time... being pregnant is actually quite nice.  I must say I have been a fan of my pregnancy, although the 2 am dance parties in my belly might be nice to get rid of.  I can't believe that we are going to have a little one here in 12 weeks! We bought a pack and play the other day, and I am just dying to put it up in Carter's room! I really am having a hard time waiting, but then again... going to the hospital and actually having him doesn't exactly sound like the biggest party of all time.

Jason and I had a wonderful weekend filled with friends, family, and a delicious turkey dinner.Can you believe that we actually cooked our very own turkey?! Well, I can't really take credit for it, because Jason is amazing and did the turkey cooking himself. I just helped with the easy stuff like potatoes, stuffing, corn, and pumpkin pie. The reason for all of this you ask? Simply just because we've had a turkey in our freezer since Thanksgiving. We decided to make it a dinner event and invite the family in Utah over. I am so glad we did! We had so much fun, and even though it took all day to get everything ready, the 15 minutes of eating was totally worth it! We also got a nice workout in afterwards with our Kinect. We ended up playing for probably a good 2 hours dishing it out on each other with boxing, track and field, volleyball, and soccer. I'm pretty sure we all slept good that night with full bellies and tired bodies. I can't wait to have another family dinner like that one :)

Well, enjoy reading about our lives these past 2 ish months. I will try to be better about keeping you updated... Until then, happy reading!

Jason's AMAZING turkey!

Jason is amazing... the end...

Our little dinning room ready for dinner! Yes those are homemade rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment