February 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Jason!

So... Jason was able to have another epic birthday this year! His birthday is December 31st, so how can you not have an epic birthday?! It was super fun, and although things looked like they wouldn't be as perfect as I would have liked, they turned out even better! Here's the story...

Jason had to work on his birthday, poor guy, but he loves his job and so I really don't think he minded all that much. I on the other hand was a little sad I couldn't be with my man on his birthday. That's just me being selfish I guess... so I decided I would dedicate the whole day to making his birthday the best ever!

First we took our little Bandit to the vet together for a regular check up. That is when things started looking a little down. We found out our stinky, cute, little beagle has rotting teeth that are making him age like crazy. That is why most of his face is turning white, he sleeps all the time, and his joints are getting stiff. To save our little puppy we scheduled a day for him to get put out and get all those nasty teeth pulled and others cleaned. It was sad news to hear, and I ended up almost passing out again. The vet thought it was because of some pictures he showed me, but ladies who are prego.... never ever stand in one place for too long with out bending your knees or moving around. I was so embarrassed  because this was my 3rd close call to almost passing out in public.

As soon as I got Bandit home, operation awesome birthday began. I got out my sister's cake decorating kit that she happened to leave here, got out all the ingredients I needed, and started making the best cake you have ever seen in your life... at least that is what it was supposed to be. See Jason really wanted an XBOX for his birthday, and I really didn't want to get him one (even though I did). I decided I would make him a cake that looked exactly like an XBOX and tell him that his cake was his gift. I was excited for him to have strawberry cake too, which after being opened turned out to be chocolate instead. I baked the cake, put it on a piece of cardboard so I could start decorating it, and went to put it in the freezer to freeze the pudding in the center. When I went to go put the cake in the freezer it wouldn't fit. I thought I could hurry and frost it and then stick it outside since it was 10 degrees. So, that is what I did and it looked awesome! I should have taken a picture of it before I put it out in the snow, but I wasn't thinking and got ready for the rest of the day instead. When I came back, the cake had completely melted and looked like a big white and chocolate heap of a mess. I guess my 10 degrees is really 25. I had to take the cake with the tin foil, throw it back in the pan I baked it in, and completely re-do everything. Jason didn't get his XBOX cake, but he got a cake with a sad looking controller and his name on it.

That night we had pizza with my sister and her husband, played games and had lots of fun. While the boys were out getting the pizza, we wrapped Jason's awesome Pocket Simon (my sister had laying around) and his real gift of course. When it was time for him to open his gift, his face was priceless. You could tell that he was a little disappointed with his totally retro gift (probably because I forgot about batteries). When his XBOX came out however, he was like a little boy at Christmas. He was so excited!

Well the rest of the night, we ate junk, went to Walmart to see if they had any Kinect games, and lit off fireworks in the freezing cold. We ended up playing games until 3 am and slept until 11 am the next morning. It was pretty much the most amazing birthday ever... at least I thought so. One lesson learned however, make sure the cake fits in the freezer if it needs to go in there. Then you will have the epic cake you were dreaming of instead of a big mess in the snow. Happy 2013 everyone!!

The cake before... YUM!

Frosting

My not so awesome creation...

Jason got a pocket SIMON!!!

Or could it be an XBOX?

Crazy Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment