February 4, 2013

I LOVE WEEKENDS!

This weekend was an epic one! We had so much fun, it is hard to know what to do with ourselves now that everyone is gone. We were able to visit our friends (who we've missed like crazy) in Logan, drive back for an afternoon nap and a visit from my two sisters. We played lots of kinect games, covered my living room floor is beds and blankets, and attended our ward together. It was so much fun!

Friday we drove up to Logan to see our really good friends Tyana and Carlos. We love doing things with those guys, and have really missed having them close by. I was so excited to see their little girl too, who is getting so big! She even learned how to climb out of her crib this weekend. We had so much fun with them eating pizza, playing monopoly deal, and watching a very interesting movie. We ended up going to bed super late, but the awesome thing about it was we didn't have to leave. Ha ha, sleepovers are the best!

We chilled at their place in the morning for a little bit, but had to make it back to our messy house in preparation for some family fun. My little sister Kira came to pick up her car she left here over Christmas break, and my sister Siehara and her husband decided to join in the fun. When we got home from Logan however, we ended up taking a nap and not really doing too much with cleaning the house. Once my sister Kira got here we went maternity clothes shopping for myself and ran to the store for some much needed ingredients. We decided to have Hawaiian haystacks for dinner.

While I was cooking dinner and getting things ready for Siehara, we had a little dog break into our house. Siehara found him wandering in the street and when they pulled into our place and opened the door, he just jumped in their car. He was well groomed, but didn't have any tags and we didn't want to leave him in the freezing cold single digit weather, so we let him come in the house and play with Bandit. After calling animal control, the pound, and the police we finally got someone to respond. Jason ended up taking the cute little thing to a shelter for the night. I'm really thankful we didn't need to keep him over the weekend, he wasn't fixed and peed all over. Bandit ending up lifting his leg a couple of times when he left too, which was not cool.

The rest of the night we rented Wii games and Kinect games and played them all night. It was really fun, and I loved seeing my living room full of people again. It made me think of our apartment in Boise and how much fun we had with having the whole family stay at our place. I loved it.

Well, today we attended church which switched to 9:00 am. We didn't get much sleep, so our afternoon consisted of sleeping. Kira left with her car full of people, and then we had the missionaries take her place. They came over to eat with us and dinner actually ended up tasting pretty good. After dinner Siehara left, and the dread of Monday set in. I'm especially dreading it because I have nothing ready for my 3rd graders on Monday. Oh well, at least I had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment