October 4, 2013

WE DID IT!!!!

Well, our little family just got back from our adventures in Utah (like 5 days ago oops) and rather than bore you will all the crazy busy details I'll spare you and give you just some of the highlights of our trip. We were there for a whole week and so there are way too many details to expose.

First off, why Utah for a week? Well, Jason and I have a very bad addiction. We have a love hate addiction to running. Yes, that's right, running. Before Carter was born (like a week before) we decided we really missed running races. That's when we decided to sign up for the Huntsville Half. When the day started to get closer we scheduled Jason's ortho around that date, and then all of the sudden Jason had to get on a plane to go to Omaha Nebraska for a training. Well, instead of driving back and fourth in that week we decided, let's take a week off and play. So, long story short that is what we did.

Monday and Tuesday I was of course on my own to find new adventures and so Carter my little sidekick and I decided to visit Taylor Carter's cousin. Monday was spent resting from our travels and Tuesday was a big day full of playing with cousin Taylor... well, really just watching Carter play and Taylor sleep.

Wednesday Jason and I gave into our addictions and each when for a much needed run. We had to at least try to say we ran more than 6 miles before the big race. That's when I ran 9 and Jason ran 11. Then we zoomed off to spend the day and night in Park City.
Carter and Daddy chilling in our Hotel room

All ready for bed and sitting up on his own!
Thursday another addiction of mine was given into. We went shopping at the outlets and ended up buying Carter winter clothes, jackets, and shoes. I have found that I really am addicted to shopping for Carter, wither it be online, at a store, or even at yard sales. Yep I love buying things for him.

That night I zoomed from Park City all the way to Layton for a very exciting dinner and girls night out for me :). I was able to visit with two of the most amazing teachers in the history of my career. It was so wonderful to see my old team mates again and bask in their awesomeness and cute babies. I was a little sad Carter didn't come with.

Friday we visited my old school, I saw my old classroom, listened to teacher conversations, and got really sad for ever having to leave my job. Carter is totally worth it, but I really wish we could have stayed in Utah too. The Cheesecake Factory for dinner was the perfect way to end an evening and cheer me up.

Ok so now for the gory details.... Saturday morning, the day I surely thought I would die... We woke up at 6 am to board a bus that would take us all the way to Huntsville Utah and the beginning of a race that seemed like it would never end. I was freezing and convinced that if my muscles didn't give out first, my lungs would collapse from the sheer coldness of the morning. Getting to the starting line an hour before being able to start was just another way to torture us. Once the gun was shot and we started making our way, I was engulfed in my playlist of music. Having only ran 9 miles 2 days before this race, I thought for sure I would be a goner. Well folks, 2 hours 10 minutes later I crossed the finish line with a huge smile on my face. My only goal was to run the entire time no matter how slow I might be, and I did it! I was on a roll and certainly on a high when I wanted to keep running after crossing the finish line. Jason of course did tons better than I (2 hours 3 minutes), but my excuse.... I just had a baby gosh!

Waiting for the bus... I am so COLD!!

Riding the bus to the start line!
Before the race, trying to keep warm in the sun.


We both survived! Don't we just look attractive?!

Don't mess with someone who just ran 13.1 miles!

Sunday was a relaxing day, and after church we found ourselves back in the car riding into the sunset. When we got home our house was freezing! It snowed yesterday evening too. Oh man what did I get myself into with living here?! At least we will be able to enjoy conference with our working pellet stove (it wasn't working at all a day ago). I love conference weekend!! Yep well, that is all for my random ramblings today. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment