October 4, 2013

I am an Aunt!

Well, there have been quite a few exciting things that have happened in the Osborn family recently. This week not only did our cute little man turn 5 months old, but my sister-in-law had her cute little baby! She had Taylor Mark on Monday September 9th, 8lbs 7oz, and he is something precious. My brother who recently was deployed (he's in the army) was able to come for his birth too! What I would have given to see Tain change a diaper and hold his sweet little boy.

This week was full of fun with our little Carter, as well as new callings, lots of work parties/invites to dinner, and yet another trip to Utah :)

Monday we ended up being invited to go to The Star Hotel in Elko for dinner. For those of you not from the middle of nowhere, The Star is a pretty big deal. It's a basque style resurante that pretty much costs an arm and a leg to dine at. The food however is delicious and you always walk out of there not ever wanting to see food again. Best thing about this trip for us (we've been there once before) we made new friends and got a free meal. I loved being able to interact with adults too, that was pretty nice :)

Tuesday Carter became a whopping 5 months old. Our little guy is growing way too fast! He is more than likely going to be crawling in the next couple weeks because he is sure determined. We can no longer lay him on the floor and expect him to stay in one play. Our actively little cutie is all over the place rolling to where ever it is he would like to go. We are going to have to baby proof our house soon, and boy is that going to
be a project.


Wednesday was Jason's first Cub Scout activity that he was in charge of. His partner in crime was going to be 45min late and so I was crowned Jason's assistant. What a bunch of obnoxious boys. This is going to be a great calling to help Jason grow, I can feel it. It fact, our experience drove us to a late night drive (30 min away mind you) to DQ for some much needed ice cream. That and we were invited to dinner at The Star again, but said we'd be the party for desert.

Thursday I was able to get out and have some mommy time with a couple of other moms in the neighborhood. We were insane and decided that some insanity in our lives would make us happy, but didn't realize how sore it would make us lol. It was totally worth though I must add. After I had my mommy time, Carter had his first every play date with a little boy his age. He slept through half of it, but it was refreshing to spend sometime with more people.

Friday was spent packing, cleaning, and driving to Utah. Not really my idea of a great date night, but we were able to see my sister and watch World War Z with her and her husband. Can't really complain... I really love our trips to civilization. They keep me sane.

Saturday I was able to see two of my roommates who I haven't seen for seriously 3 years! We had a delicious breakfast at Kneader's and although I totally kept telling myself we needed to get pictures, I completely and utterly had an epic fail. I remembered just as we were all driving away. It was so wonderful to see them and feel like really no time had passed.

Carter met his first ever cousin! He wasn't really sure what to do with him because he couldn't get on the floor and play with him. It was so awesome to be able to hold that little baby though, and visit with his awesome momma.



After that, it was more driving in the car all the way to Logan where we met up with our really good friends for dinner. After dinner Jason ran away with the boys to a football game, and I got some much needed visit time with a really good friend and her cute little kiddos. We had fun catching up and watching our little babies (Jace and Carter are a week apart in age!). When the guys got back to report a very lame game (score was 70 to 6), we played ourselves some monopoly deal and ate some more food :) I was very upset however, when Jason realized he had taken my sister's car keys by accident. We were not planning on seeing her until later Sunday evening, but when you have someone's only car keys that kind of changes your plans.
Poor kid spends more time in his car seat than at home!

Sunday was an early morning with yet more driving. We said goodbye to our friends with promises to see each other again soon, hopped in the car, and drove to rescue my sister and give her her car keys. Everything actually turned out quite well, when we were able to attend church with my aunt and see her brand new house. Her son (my awesome cousin) just turned 12 and they had a special setting apart for him at church. There was a party afterwards and Carter was able to play with his aunt, uncle, and some of my cousins. We were even able to see great grandma and grandpa. It was wonderful.

Now we are home and back to our crazy lives in the middle of nowhere. I am happy to report, we will be back to Utah for a whole week of adventures on Monday! Have a great week and enjoy these awesome pictures that I happened to get off of Jason's phone :) Tootles!


Carter with Uncle Tain!


Just mowing the weeds down in our yard





No comments:

Post a Comment