October 15, 2013

A Forever Family

We went to Utah this weekend! Surprised?! Well, since Utah has become our home away from our home in Spring Creek, you shouldn't be. This time we visited for a very exciting and important event in our big family. It was so amazing to spend 2 days with the people I love in this world the very most. 

Friday we packed up our little bug, what seemed like all our belongings, and we headed toward Salt Lake City. I was not looking forward to the long ride, but we didn't stop once and ended up only having to drive for 3 hours!!! Normally it takes 4, so yes, I was very happy. Carter was too, especially when we finally decided to get out and stretch. 

Friday night wasn't as eventful as most. We made it to my sister's house, ate some Rumbi Island Grill that we picked up on the way, and then Carter got to be passed around all over the place. Aunt Kira sure does love our little cutie, and so Carter was loved on and posed for many pictures. Grandma and Grandpa were not back from their adventures with life long friends when we headed to our cozy place in Saratoga Springs, which happens to inhabit an amazing family who are pretty awesome to let us crash at their place. 

Saturday morning we had the most delicious pancakes and buttermilk syrup anyone could ask for. Then it was off to Kneader's to meet the rest of the fam where they indulged in delicious cinnamon toast. From there we went on an incredible shopping spree to Ikea, Costco, and Kid to Kid. Our poor little Carter was so wiped out he fell asleep while eating his squash. Jason and I had to switch off staying in the car at Costco so he could get at least one little nap in. We really had fun, and were completely pooped and excited to use all the new neat stuff we bought. 

Sunday was the reason and the highlight of our whole trip. My big bro Tain was able to come home to bless his sweet little baby boy (instead of baptizing babies, we bless them). Jason and I were nearly late because we were visiting with our friends, but we made it just in time for the opening hymn. Taylor was blessed and the meeting was wonderful. Afterward, pretty much the entire ward (which was all of my family, aunts, uncles, and cousins) headed to their house to eat some delicious food. I was able to see my Uncle Richard and some of his kids finally, which made me cry. I haven't seen them for 1 whole year and then some. I lived with them during my student teaching and before Jason and I were married. We both love their family so very much!

 My favorite part was probably when everyone left and we had the time to just be together as a family. Instead of all the Ballantynes, it was just the Mark Ballantyne family, together one last time. We were able to take a big family photo and individual family pictures as well. While sitting there with them I thought, this is what the celestial kingdom is going to be like, only there will never be any goodbyes. That'll be nice, because it took us like an hour to say goodbye just because we really didn't want to say goodbye. Driving in the dark with Carter is a little difficult lol. 

Tain is actually flying back tonight, and Dyelan will be leaving on a 2 year mission to the Philippines next month. It will be sad not to be together for a while, but I am so very thankful that I know our family will be together forever, even after this life. 
Tain with his cute little baby

Look how happy he is!

What a beautiful family <3

My boys are so handsome!

We like to be silly :)

I love these guys!

What a cute couple ;) ha ha

The ones who started it all :)

All the handsome guys 

All the pretty girls

Awww

Chilling with our whole family

Taylor Ballantyne <3

Carter with his best bud :)

Silly faces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment