July 20, 2014

Radiation: Week 3!!!!!

14 treatments down.... 11 to go!!!! I am over half way and still alive and kicking! Best thing ever too, I still have most of my hair!!!!!

I have really learned a lot this week, 1. I have the best and most wonderful family anyone could every ask for, 2. I have the most amazing husband I could ever ask for! 3. Hair is awesome even if it doesn't cooperate, 4. Being a mother is basically the best thing EVER, and 5. Utah is super hot in the summer.....

Family

This week the most AMAZING family had a reunion in Bear Lake Utah. Luckily I was able to schedule my treatment at a different time on Tuesday, and our little family was able to share in the fun for a day and a night. We got up super early, loaded the car, and started on our grand adventure to Bear Lake. Carter absolutely loved the big body of water we decided to jump in. We were there for 6 hours and he hardly was out of the water. When he was out of the water however, he was busy getting sand all over himself. He loved building sand castles with his grandma too.

I was greeted with so many hugs and smiles. It was wonder to feel like nothing is wrong with me for a little while. I was able to visit with aunts, uncles, cousins, and just enjoy myself. The water was so warm and Jason went knee boarding for the first time. we really loved it, and by the end of the day we had a cranky little boy who wasn't very happy to leave his beloved water.

After going back to the lodge we were staying at, taking a shower, eating dinner and chasing after our little man... I was able to sit and look at the wonderful family that I am a part of. It is so happy to know that we will be together forever. Our loving Heavenly Father has given us the wonderful blessing to be together for all eternity. I am pretty sure I have one of the most wonderful families to be a part of.

The next day we stayed for the legendary Ballantyne Olympics! We played awesome games, laughed, ate lots of junk, and grew even closer as a family. If any one is wondering, I was a part of the winning team... go BIG RED!!! Even though it was a long drive, we loved every second of being with our family!
 
 
 

Husband

So... I have been extremely blessed! Not only do I have the most wonderful family, but my husband is a pretty awesome dude! He has been there every step of the way for me and has even taken on the burden of watching a very busy 15 month old. He needs breaks just as I do when I'm the full time mommy, but he has never complained. I don't mean to be mushy, but he is the greatest friend I could ask for and greatest companion I could ever have to help me through the hard times our family has been through recently. He always has a wonderful positive attitude to lift me up and keep me going.

Hair

As many of you might of heard, I have been in anticipation of losing my hair ever since this adventure began. It has been 3 weeks and guess what?! Only one little bald spot to report, thus far. I have decided I will never be angry at my hair again. It is such a wonderful thing to have hair, and being told I would lose it all has helped me to truly be thankful for it. Every day I lose so much hair, I smile when I see that I still have most of it. It might be unruly, crazy, disgusting, and in my face, but boy do I love that I still have hair!! Always be thankful for the things Heavenly Father has blessed you with!

Mom

I have loved every second of being a Mom. What a wonderful thing to have children!!!! Even though they stress you out, drive you a little crazy, and make you cry, they are totally fun and totally worth it! Carter has been a HUGE blessing and has been the source of much of our happiness lately. Jason had the wonderful idea of going camping Thursday night. We bought everything we needed, and even though I wasn't happy with the last receipt, that night will hold very fun memories for us. It was Carter's first time going camping!! I think firsts are so wonderful when your a Mom. I have been able to rejoice and share in each of Carter's firsts and it is truly wonderful! Carter had so much fun playing in the dirt, helping daddy with the fire, roasting hotdogs and marshmallows, and staying up late outside (his most favorite place)!!!! We will probably go many more times in the future.

Utah

Oh boy is it HOT! I am so thankful for AC. I think I would die if I had to live with out it. It is so nice to be here and have things to do everyday, but we are sure ready to be able to go back to our home in Nevada.

Next week we will be staying with my Aunt and Uncle. It's a bittersweet thing to say goodbye to my sister, but I'm sure she is ready to be rid of us for awhile!! Have a great week! Happy reading :)


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment