July 1, 2013

Civilization!

Well, hello World! It has been a while... and yes, I am going crazy. Life in isolation isn't all it's cracked up to be. That is why we made a trip to Utah this weekend, and my goodness did I love it! I'm pretty sure our little bug Carter enjoyed himself as well.

Why did we go to Utah? Well... because we missed it of course (I used to think I'd never say that ever in my life) and needed some time with the sistas! Well, I did anyway, I think Jason might have been feeling a little home sick for our house in Nevada... Here are some of the fun adventures we had :) P.S I failed miserably at taking pictures. I really need to work on that...

Friday we left right after Jason got off work, and ended up getting into Murray pretty late. We said hello to everyone, played with Carter for a bit, put him to bed and watched random things on Netflix. We were so excited to be there and around people! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when you haven't seen a soul in a week...

My sisters are awesome and happily kidnapped our little one while we attended the temple on Saturday. We've always had a dream of going to every temple built and operating, but haven't been too adventures lately. Well, we decided the Oaker Mt. Temple would be a perfect one to visit, and on our way discovered that there are temples we haven't ever heard about. The Jordan River Temple is literally 3 miles away from Oaker Mt, and when our GPS wasn't working, we thought for sure we'd found the temple we were looking for. Well, now we know that there's yet another temple in Utah.

After our adventure in South Jordan, we went on a lunch date at Dickey's BBQ and decided we missed our little man too much to be gone for longer (he was the only thing we talked about too lol). We headed back to my sister's apartment, gave hugs and kisses to our little man, and then headed for the pool. It was hot!

The Pie Pizzeria was our next destination where we ate massive pieces of pizza, and played friendly games of battleships on our phones (I totally demolished Jason!). Then on to Walmart to buy ingredients to a delicious dessert. The boys ended up playing a game of catch the bag of cranberries, while the girls an little Carter headed for the nail polish isle. Needless to say, our random trips to Walmart (which have never been before midnight until now) are pretty exciting adventures.

After eating a ton of ice cream, watching random T.V shows, and playing in Carter until he was put down for bed, we all decided maybe going to sleep wasn't such a bad idea. That's pretty much what we did all the next day to. We got some much needed R&R. I love our trips to Utah....

Well, now we are back in isolation, and I have a mission to find a new hobby to keep me sane. Any suggestions? So far today, I have cleaned the kitchen, made two loaves of bread, completed 3 loads of laundry (folding and all), watched a movie, and of course played with the Carter bug.  Besides Carter being my everything, while he's sleeping, let's face it I NEED something to do!

Until next time.... I'm still searching for a hobby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment