October 14, 2012

I'm not fat... I'm just pregnant....

it's true... if you have heard any rumors or have seen me lately, we are expecting a bran new baby boy or girl in just a short amount of time! Our little one will be here in APRIL! We have actually known since I was about 2 weeks along, but now we figured it was time to share our exciting news with everyone!

Our little bean! He is super cute!
It is a rather funny story how we found our exciting present, and it happened in Vegas. After the family reunion, we had returned to Vegas and I was feeling rather sick. Not the sick that you would normally think of a pregnant lady, but I was having the worst stomach pains of my life! I honestly thought I was going to die from my appendix bursting. After many debates and figuring out which doctor I could go see and still be covered by our insurance, and discussing it until the early hours of the morning; we decided to wait until the next day to see if it went away. The next day came, I was in pain all day and it was only worse if I ate or drank. I was taking care of 4 children while this was happening, and decided I needed to see the doctor. When Jason got home, we said hello, tag teamed it, and I headed off to the doctors office.

Well, I saw the doctor, peed in a cup and waited to hear that I needed emergency surgery. It was only a few minutes later the doctor came in and announced my exciting news. I was not dying from my appendix bursting, but was simply pregnant! I was given orders to re hydrate myself and left in shock as I saw that I paid 35 dollars to simply have a pregnancy test. How did Jason find out? Well, as soon as I heard the news I e-mailed him. Ha ha, yes e-mail. He had forgotten his phone at work and the only way we could communicate was with my phone and his i-pod, so I e-mailed him.

Being pregnant has actually been great! I haven't been sick, except for now and then when it's been hours since I've eaten, and my stomach has really been stretching, which isn't the greatest. It never really seemed real either until we saw our very first ultrasound. It was incredible to see our little bean move and think about the incredible power we were blessed with to be able to create a life of our own. It has been amazing just to think that this little guy is a piece of me and a piece of Jason, and that our Heavenly Father trusts us so much with this little life.

Our next appointment to see the little cutie (he's about an inch now) is next week! Keep reading for more updates on our little bean. We are so excited to have the wonderful opportunity to be parents together in this life! I'm going to be a MOM!!!

P.S I do have knee problems, but that's not why I didn't run a marathon. It was simply because my body wasn't ready with a new little baby inside. I could have ran 10 miles, but then after that would be a risk of miscarriage, so that's that story :)

No comments:

Post a Comment