October 14, 2012

A Magical Weekend

Hello everyone! How was your weekend? I know I'm a little slow with telling you about mine, but see it only just ended this morning as I went off to work. It was a really good weekend, full of secrets, romantic dates with my amazing Jason, bowling with old friends, a temple dedication, and talking to the family about future weekends together :) Now... it didn't all start out this fabulous, but definitely got better as the day moved on.

Friday I spent the night alone. Sweet Jason brought dinner to my classroom and we tried to have a romantic date there. With only 15 minutes and not hungry Clarissa, it wasn't all that great. I am really starting to hate having Jason go to school on Friday nights as well. I did get to watch my all time fave movie Tangled and bask in my wonderful pile of work. When you are a teacher, your work in never done and it follows you everywhere.

Saturday turned out to be so much better! Jason still had class in the morning, but when he got home at noon we had endless possibilities :) We ended up going to lunch at one of or favorite places (Olive Garden), and heading to historic downtown Ogden. They were having some kind of Harvest moon celebration. It was like a farmers market and a farm mixed into one. I love going to farmer's markets and looking at all the neat things people make. It was pretty cool and we got tons of exercise. We were able to go to the train station as well, and walk through a train museum all about the Union Pacific.We had a pretty good date I must say, but of course it had to end sometime.

On our way home, we searched and searched for white hankies for a temple dedication. The Brigham City Temple was being dedicated and broadcast through out all of Utah, so we really wanted to participate. Not to mention it was another of Jason's firsts I got to share with him. After driving around pretty much all of Ogden we FINALLY found a place that wasn't sold out (barely). We purchase 2 of the last 5 remaining and headed home to our lovely house (which I have been a slacker of posting pictures of).

At about 9:00 we headed to Bountiful to see some old friends from a really long time ago. See I went to school at BYU I and I had this awesome SPED class. We had the best group of my life and have stayed pretty good friends ever since. We never see each other, but keep in touch and Frances called me up and invited me to go bowling. We bowled and visited until our hearts content at midnight when the place closed, and then it was a long drive home for us. I am so surprised we stayed awake for the temple dedication. We had to be there at 8:00am and it lasted a good 2 hours. It was a wonderful experience and Jason really enjoyed himself I think :)

After relaxing and actually being able to enjoy a Sunday nap at the right time LOL (we have church at 1) we were able to google chat with the fam. I love being able to see everyone and pretend we're actually all together in one place. I really wished we all lived closer, but life just takes you different directions. In a couple of week Siehara will only live 45 min away, and I'm so thankful for that! Well... thanks for listening to me blab. Until next time, have an awesome week!

P.S We have a new addition to the family!



No comments:

Post a Comment