October 14, 2012

Conference Weekend

When an aggie and a cougar get into a fight, who do you think will win? I totally thought an aggie, but apparently I was wrong. This weekend started out pretty ok :) It was a Mark Ballantyne reunion with all the childens from our family. I could hardly wait to leave work, because the anticipation of my family being here was driving me crazy! It really had only been a month since our awesome trip to Washington, but it always seems like so much longer when you want to see your family as often as possible.

Anyways, as soon as I got home we packed our bags and jumped in the car to head to Provo for the Utah State vs. BYU game. It was my mom's idea to have all of us attend the game, but leaving at 5pm was not the smartest idea. It was stop and go traffic for the longest time. The movement of the car moving forward and stopping and moving forward and stopping, literally gave me motion sickness. I had to lay down covered in blankets (cuz Jason broke the window in our car sometime during the week) and tried to sleep off the nausea.

4 hours later we arrived at the stadium with all of our family. I must say not too many of us were happy. It took Kira 7 hours to drive from Rexburg (normally a 4 hour trip), mom & dad 13 hours from Washington, and Jason and I 4 hours from Roy Ut, which really isn't that far away. We were all happy to be together at the game all snuggles close with lots of blankets and jackets. We really had a good time, and it just got better when we were at my brother's house covering his living room floor. It was so nice to have all of us together in one place, which hasn't happened since.... well a long long long time.

Saturday we listened to amazing general conference talks (general conference happens every 6 months where we get to hear from the apostles and prophets of our church) and enjoyed chillin together. Just before the Priesthood session (which all the men attend) we decided to take a beautiful drive up American Fork Canyon. There we built a fire, roasted some hot dogs and smores, and just enjoyed being together. The men left the girls to walk back (which was so fun to be with my sisters and mom) and it was then we talked of wonderful memories and enjoyed being girls.

When we got back to my brother's house we thought of the brilliant idea of meeting the boys for ice cream. Dairy Queen was sounding mighty good to most of us, but once we told the boys are meeting place, found that it was overflowing with everyone from priesthood session, we decided some cartons of ice cream and being together at home sounded much more appealing.  I loved it, because by the time we finished visiting and eating our ice cream we realized it was too late for anyone to head home. We were all together for one more night! I loved it.

Sunday was a wonderful day, but also so very sad. Mom, Dad, Dyelan and Kira were able to get tickets to attend the morning session of conference and so we headed back home. It as mostly to make bread and food for a hungry family that would be stopping at our house in Roy to have lunch and head home to Washington. We listened to conference on our way home and talked about the future of our family, and a little that will someday join our family. Once everyone arrived, we all ate lunch and said our goodbyes, not knowing when our next exciting reunion would be. I hope it's soon though, because I'm already having withdrawals.


I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! It was wonderful :) I hope yours was just as enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment