July 10, 2012

A Trip to Washington



As said earlier, my amazing Jason got me a ticket to go visit my family for the weekend. I was so excited, but at the same time not so happy about leaving my best friend. I hate spending time away from Jason for more than 12 hours. It feels so weird to be with out him, but I guess that's how it goes when you do everything together. I was so glad for the time to spend with my family.

Thursday I got a ride to the Vegas airport and couldn't believe how huge it was. After purchasing my ticket I was advised to get there about 2 hours before my flight time. I thought an hour would be plenty, but after going through security, riding a tram just to get near my gate, and finding my flight it took a full hour. I got there just as our flight started boarding. Next time I'll remember the crazy tram ride to the gate ha ha. I am proud to say too, that I got a window seat and totally wasn't afraid to look out of the window. All of this flyin is making me brave!!


My sisters met me at the airport with little Bandit (our beagle). Jason was so bummed that I was able to see his dog, and he has to wait until September to see him. I guess I've missed him a little :P Our day was pretty chill though and it was so nice to just sit and visit with my awesome family. We stayed up way past my bedtime, and even ended up sleeping on the trampoline! I loved it :) I love being with my family even if we're doing absolutely nothing!!

Bandit!
Sleeping on the trampoline! I love summer!
Friday was the best day, because it started with a wonderful trip to the temple. Jason and I were married in the Columbia River Temple, and I had actually never been through it other than when we were married. Temples are sacred places where we make covenants with God. I'm not very good at explaining things so, if you'd like to learn more about temples or other things... visit mormon.org :)

After the wonderful temple session, my parents took my sister and I out to Bob's Burgers for lunch. YUM! I love food! I'm so glad Siehara shared a burger with me. Their burgers are huge, and although I probably could have finished one myself, I would have felt pretty crappy about stuffing my face!

After my dad went to work, we got started on operation see if dad notices. We went to Home Depot and bought paint to paint my parents' bedroom. My mom had bought new bedding and stuff earlier for the transformation. Funny thing too.... my dad only noticed the new bedding not the walls!! We finally had to tell him what we did.

I guess the color wasn't too drastic...
That night we made our way to Maverick for some yummy treats, and rented Sherlock Holmes (I didn't actually end up watching the movie, because I couldn't sit still lol). I must say that this weekend was a weekend that I ate way too many sweets!

random picture of some buddy's freeze.... we got smaller ones
Saturday was pretty awesome. My sister's and I have a tradition every time we go home to visit. We have to go to our favorite coffee shop called Baracudas and get delicious coffee free freezes. If you ever have a snickers freeze from Baracudas, it will change your life! It's that good!

After our little stop we started off on a grand mission to find me a cute, modest swimsuit.We failed miserably, but by the end of our trip we had made awesome memories. We started off with Big 5 and ended up looking at some pretty sweet shoes. Next was the Dollar Store where we found the most awesome mustache finger tattoos of your life. Winco Foods had Coconut M&Ms, which by the way I am addicted too!! AHHH I LOVE THEM!!! Costco had yummy samples and was our stop for lunch, and Walmart we discovered amazing CHOCOLATE!

Once we got home, I got a hold of my friend Danna from high school and she came over to hang with our chill family. It was so good to see her! Danna is awesome :) I love that even though I'm married, she still likes to hang out with me. We had fun catching up though and she laughed at me while I played Just Dance with my siblings (I'm not the greatest at that game).

Sunday was an interesting day. We were bummed to have to say goodbye to Siehara. She had to drive all the way back to Utah so she left really early. I decided to go to church with my little sister Kira at 1pm and go to the singles branch. All the single LDS members meet for church together, and it was really weird to me being married, but I got to see so many people I've missed that it was worth it. I was able to see some people I haven't seen in 2 or more years! It was wonderful to visit with them and find out what was going on in their lives.

After church I skyped Jason, and must say I was feelin pretty lonely for him. It's so funny how Jason has really become a part of me. I was surprised that as soon as I got to Washington I missed him like crazy. Jason is my very best friend and being with out him stinks. I have told him so many times that I will never go on a trip with out him again, yet there I was with out him. I think that married couples kind of need time away from each other though, to really realize what they have and how much the other person means to them. I love Jason so much!! I'm so glad I don't have to be with out him now :D

That night I headed over to Danna's house and we played games with some other people she knew. After playing BS and Uno we all headed outside to watch some awesome lightning! I wish it would have rained and it was really weird not to hear thunder, but it was fun to be with friends. It was also weird for Washington to feel so much like Vegas when even though the sun was down, it was still at least 90 degrees outside!!

I had a difficult time sleeping (funny how I can't really sleep with out Jason) so Monday was a little bit of a late morning. I watched Drop Dead Diva with my mom and sister and then had to say my goodbyes to my wonderful family. I was so excited to see Jason though!! I was counting down the minutes until we would be together. I would have tackled him when I saw him at the airport if he wasn't in the car. It was so nice to be back home, and be with my handsome hubby! We snuggled on the couch as soon as we got home and watched out fave movie Dan in Real Life. I love being home!

I was finally home!!
While I was gone, Jason had adventures of his own including seeing the USA basketball team after a practice and getting pictures with them. His weekend was filled with lots of sports and things that he loves to do. I think he was pretty happy not having me compete for his attention. I love that he was able to have fun and make memories of his own!

Our next adventure will be this weekend. We might be going to St. George Utah! Either that or we'll be exploring more of wonderful Vegas :) I can hardly wait! Until then... have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment