July 15, 2012

A Relaxing Weekend

The crazy Osborn's weren't very crazy this weekend, in fact we took it easy and had a very nice weekend.

Friday started out a little rough, when we woke up at 5am only to discovery Jason was still home and not at work. He high tailed it over to work as quickly as he could, and I was left to face another run in the rain! I have decided I love it when it rains in Vegas. Although it seems dark and is a little muggy, the best feeling is standing outside in 80 degree weather and getting wet at 5 in the morning!

I recently got a job helping a lady with her kids, and projects that she is working on through out her massive house! I usually head over in the afternoons and work until Jason gets home, but she had me working a little late to help her with preparations for a birthday party. I ended up coming home at 6pm and Jason and I were both famished!! I'm not sure why, but the hubby and I always seem to be very hungry...

Our plans were, take out from P.F Chang's and a concert in the park. So romantic and super fun, but due to the rain the concert was canceled. That's when we decided, why not just eat where the concert was supposed to be. We went to this place called The District in Henderson, and that is where we had a lovely dinner. We found a cute little table next to a tree with lights. It was very fun, and our first P.F. Chang's experience was the BOMB! It was incredible and we both really liked it.

On date nights, if we go out to dinner... desert is a must (not all the time, but this time it was)! So we looked for our wallets for gift cards to any places and scored with 2 gift cards to Cold Stone Creamery! YUM! On our way home we hit up the most popular hang out on a Friday night. I ordered a delicious chocolate peanut butter shake, and Jason (with my help and expertise) got cake batter with black cherries (I told him he should get cake batter). The perfect way to end a wonderful night.


Our relaxing night
Upon arriving at home we decided, it's Friday night and we need to do something crazy, and so began an intense game of Phase 10. We like to add our own rules and spice things up a bit when we play games together. With that we were both yawning and tired at 11pm so we hit the sack....

Saturday I was ready for the greatest adventure of my life including finger mustaches (you'll understand when you're older) and incredible memories to share. 5 am we got up, I went for my long run, Jason went to rip up the court with his amazing basketball skills and we started a productive day. My run was incredible and I really enjoyed it until about mile 8.... knee problems are always the worst and when I returned home a mile later I was sorry. My knee was in so much pain I couldn't really walk very well with out looking a little special.

Due to my injured knee, Jason took care of business with our injured car and I took a really long nap :) Not wanting to miss my time with Jason at the gym, we decided to go there when I woke up, where I could hurt my knee some more. Ha ha. The best part of our evening however, was the amazing dinner we made together!! We each picked a couple of ingredients and went on an adventure to see what we could come up with. The most amazing dinner of our lives was yet to be created.... We call it Sweet and Spicy Chicken! It changed our lives and my love for chicken...

Sweet and Spicy Chicken!
After our incredible dinner we were in search of something exciting. With the flash flood warnings, and the cancellations of many events we did a Red Box. That my friends ended the best night in Vegas... It's funny how I always want to be doing things to make memories and have fun with my family, but the best days are when you are just happy to be with each other doing nothing. I loved spending time with Jason with out the expectation of having a life changing experience. Don't be afraid to just chill with the ones you love. You'll end up discovering that, those are the best memories you can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment