July 29, 2012

A Weekend of Service

So... how crazy were the Osborn's this week? Well... they were mighty crazy (some might think). We did something that we both LOVE to do, and that's service. We love to help others with the talents and strengths we have. It brings us more happiness then anything else we do together.

During the week, we were able to have a family join us for family home evening. Family home evening is something we try to do with each other every week, but it is so much more fun and motivating when you get the missionaries and a family involved. It's simply time to spend with the fam having fun and learning :) Jason had an amazing lesson and I was able to do the activity, which turned out to be a hit. It was awesome to see the family's competitiveness come out as we raced around the house with crazy clothes, spoons, and forks, all to see what was wrapped in newspapers. It was wonderful to invite such an amazing family into our home and get to know them better.  

We also made some new friends this week. We had them over for a double date and played some crazy games of Monopoly Deal and Phase 10. With our time in Vegas wrapping up, I must say that I am sad to leave. We have made so many friends and have enjoyed our time so much here, there will be many tears on the day we drive away. It is incredible how much of an impact a place can have on you from the people that live there. We will always look back to our times in Vegas with huge smiles and wonderful memories.

Friday during the day I was able to help a family clean their house. Even though I was wiping down blinds, I got to know them better and it was kind of fun. Especially with their crazy children running around. Friday was a very laid back night with the Olympics starting. Jason watched the opening ceremonies while I took myself out on a date with a delicious smoothie from the Tropical Smoothie Cafe. YUMMY! Then we both kind of did our own thing until the early hours of the morning.

Saturday started off with basketball and softball. Ha ha, those aren't really things of service, but I got to know some really amazing people and Jason was able to have fun doing his very favorite thing (play sports). Afterward I said goodbye to Jason for a little girls time at a book party. Teachers LOVE books, and so it was a little dangerous. My wish list did slim down from 15 things to only 2 so I guess I did pretty good :)

Once I got home, we made delicious sandwiches and got into our Sunday best. We then went on our long trek to visit the Las Vegas Nevada LDS Temple. The hour drive was 10 million times worth it!!! I am pretty sure I have a new favorite temple now too! It was so beautiful! Everything in its simplicity took my breath away. We really enjoyed our time as we attended a very small session.

Soon after we were done we had to rocket out of there. I was sad we weren't able to stay and take pictures, but I had Jason promise me we would return before we leave Vegas behind. Our next adventure was a wonderful evening with 3 angels as their parents left for a much needed date. We watched the sweetest 1.5 year old, 4 year old and 11 year old. I hope their parents aren't angry when they find out we played dodge ball in the house LOL. When their parents returned me wanted to wrap them up and take them with us. It was so wonderful to give service to them and do something we love, which is chillin with kiddos. If you haven't done something for someone else with out expecting anything in return, I challange you to do it this week. See how it makes you feel, and make it a habit to serve those around you.

My Jason is now serving me a delicious dinner :) So until next week, have fun with serving others!

No comments:

Post a Comment