June 8, 2018

Our Family Happenings


May is already over. I can’t believe it. I have only written a few posts that never got published due to me never finishing them. Sometimes it is hard to write your thoughts and explain them in a tangible form. June is another hard month stretching ahead. To fill you in on our May happenings, here is a recap of all the adventures we had.

Jason

Oh Jason, how I love him! He is awesome, although sometimes can get a little too determined to get things done. He amazes me with how focused he can stay. He has been training for his next spartan race that happens in July. I think everyone on his team is just as amazed at I am with how dedicated he is in his training. If only I could be more like that, I would get a lot more done every day.

Jason has started repainting our walls in our house (I hate painting). He also got the ball rolling on getting new carpet and guess what?! We have beautiful new carpet! Our house may stink a little because we’ve only had it a couple of weeks, but the soft wonderful goodness on your feet just can’t be beat! We’ve done so much to our house since we moved in. It has been fun, stressful, and lots of work but totally worth it. We love our home.

Carter

My little cutie met a new friend

My sweet little boy has grown and learned so much. He sadly attended the last couple of weeks of preschool and proudly declared every day, “Mommy, I’m going to be in Kindergarten!” As we watched his preschool graduation program, I could not help but feel sad that this stage with my little sidekick was over. Why does growing up have to be so painful? Even when I enjoy each moment, I still want more. More time with my baby.


Last day as a preschooler

My adorable graduate
A couple cute fellow graduates
Carter with his teacher

Just before graduating preschool Carter did another grown up thing. He learned how to ride his bike with out training wheels and has been obsessed ever since. Sadly, we don’t have a story about running next to him, pushing him off, letting go and having him try things on his own only to fall and try again. Carter just got on a bike while I was picking him up at preschool and there he went. He just hopped on a bike with out training wheels and took off. My little boy suddenly became older, more independent at the very moment. He hardly lets a moment pass to make sure he lets me know that I remember he can ride a bike with out training wheels. 
Ahhhhhh!!!

Clarissa

Well, I haven’t been up to too much except being sad over my little buddy growing up and getting bigger. I was training for a half marathon, and that didn't take up as much of my time as it should have. I thought for sure I was going to walk at least half of it. Well, I finished in half the time I thought I would and my little buddy ran across the finish line with me! It was awesome!!!
I did it! Yay!


Preschool pick up... we had a surprise visitor 
  

I have still been teaching sweet little Chinese children and I love it more and more every day! I have about 15 regular students now and have new ones almost every day. It makes me so happy to see their faces light up and get excited when they see me in class. I never thought I could love teaching even more than I do… but it’s possible and I love teaching. Doesn’t getting up at 3 am every morning say that? Ha it’s so worth it!

My cute assistant 😍

Adoption

Oh, how interesting life is. It never goes the way as planned and can be both painful and blissful along the way. Our adoption story hasn’t been very eventful. I had hoped that maybe everyone we talked to was wrong and somehow, we would be blessed with a child right away. After having an awful experience with a made-up story about children that we long to have, I have lost a little bit of hope. We will be giving it a few more months and then joining an agency which will guarantee us a baby with in a year’s time. Let’s just hope little Carter gets a brother that he has been longing for.

He's my monkey <3

Well, here is to a great summer with many adventures! Happy reading!

We went to a balloon releasing for our girls

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/07/2018

    Congrats on finishing the half marathon, that's amazing! I can barely run 5k, let alone a half marathon :D So, good job!

    ReplyDelete