April 13, 2018

Life is Always an Adventure


Do you ever wish you could be super mom/ super women? I do all the time. I wish I was able to get everything done I ever had on a to do list. I wish I could keep up on my hobbies, while taking care of children and getting all those errands run. I wish I was so much better at keeping up on this blog and only had to have about 2 hours of sleep a night. That would be amazing! But here we are… I usually don’t have any time for my hobbies (at least I don’t always make time), there are days when even my one little kiddo is a handful for me especially while running errands. I need about 10 hours of sleep but usually only get about 4 or 5. Oh yeah… and I’m terrible at blogging. I’ve started this post about 546578516 times, only to start it all over again because multiple days have passed and I have gotten distracted by something else EVERY SINGLE TIME! I’m currently writing this while I wait for a student to show up to class, so we’ll see if I end up getting distracted.
Carter with his little buddy Bruno

Well… here’s all the happenings of the Osborns in the last month and a half. My little bundle of joy even turned 5 on Tuesday and I didn’t even make time to blog about it. Sad day.

March

We didn't have as exciting adventures in March, but we tried to make the most of being home together. We played in the snow, Jason finished another spartan race, we met incredible people, and we registered Carter for kindergarten! I have been teaching like a crazy person too, which I have absolutely LOVED. Yes it is at crazy hours in the morning, but I love getting my teaching fix and being able to stay home with Carter. The most incredible thing we did however, was talk to Carter about adoption. We are excited, scared, eager, and hopeful about having a possible birth mother place a baby with our little family. 

And they're off to do Spartan Race #1 of the Trifecta


Jason at the Spartan Race

Carter has been asking about "his baby" every day. We always imagined having a house full of sticky little hands. We imagined so many little siblings for Carter to love and play with. I know that our Heavenly Father has a great plan for our family. We have a strong feeling that our little family is not complete yet and would love help and support as we go through this roller coaster. We have an adoption profile on adoption.com. Here;es the link so you can take a look https://adoption.com/profiles/osbornfamily. If you know of a birth mother who may be looking for a family to place her baby with, please share our story. Share our name and our profile. Please help us in this great journey to find a baby we can care for and love as our very own. 

April
Getting ready for an Easter egg hunt

It was pretty eventful

Carter dying Easter eggs with his friends

Thus far, April has been an eventful month. It has been a crazy month of birthdays and reminders that we are all getting older. My birthday was on the 7th, and I got spoiled by the 2 sweetest guys ever! I wasn’t allowed to lift a finger and help with chores. My boys took me to the best restaurant EVER, The Cheesecake Factory, and then they surprised me with Robin Hood the play. I got visits by lots of sweet friends, tons and tons of birthday wishes and messages, and I even got a few phone calls. It was a great day.
A couple days before my birthday we went to the Aquarium with some friends

Carter loved holding a butterfly

Selfie at The Cheesecake Factory

3 days later, my mommy heart hurt when my amazing 4-year-old boy turned 5. I can’t believe my baby Carter is already 5 years old. Every year my heart hurts a little more. He won’t be my little buddy for forever, and that makes me so sad. Next year he’ll be running off to kindergarten every day, leaving me with an empty house and memories of the time we had together at home. I don’t know if anyone would understand how much my little boy means to me. I mean yes, every mother loves each of her children dearly. When you’ve gone through as much as our family has with 1 little by your side through it all; that bond is even stronger and it’s a million times harder to let go.

My big 5 year old showing me his awesome 5 year old tricks

For his birthday I spoiled him. He got to bring treats for preschool, we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch (his favorite place), and the rest of the day was his to do whatever he wanted. We ended up playing in the sand at the park for 3 hours and having macaroni and cheese for dinner! The rest of the night he spent playing with neighbor friends until it was time for bed. It was a pretty fun day.

He played in the sand for forever


Carter was so excited about his presents, he didn't know how to smile

His favorite gift was from his Grandma

April is always going to be a hard month for us. Not only is it when Carter turns another year older, but it’s also Shanna’s birthday. I thought her birthday would be a super hard day. It is, but the days leading up to it are just as hard. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of her. She’s everywhere in our home no matter how much we try to change it. My heart aches every day to hear the little sounds she used to make just one more time. I would give anything to have her little grunts keep me up all night. I would give anything for Carter to have his little sister back.

Well, it’s another day. Another day for second changes, and to make the best of my time with my little man.  We recently saw Jumanji for the first time, and a line from it has often popped in my head. We’re only given 1 life to live. With that life we get to chose how we want to live it. Make the best of the time you have here. For we never make it out alive. Happy reading! Have a great weekend!

Carter found some flowers at the cemetery to put on his sisters' graves

No comments:

Post a Comment