December 30, 2015

Christmas Miracles

Christmas is a wonderful time of year, and my favorite is to hear about wonderful stories of helping those in need. This Christmas we did our tradition of the 12 days of Christmas to a neighbor in need of some love. We also donated items to giving tress and other charities that help children. I even started a book drive to donate new books to children in need and I have loved being on the end of helping. As a child I was blessed with people who did this for our family, and so it is always nice when we can lend a hand too. Well, this Christmas season I was on the receiving end of someone helping me. With this book drive, I also had the stress of making sure all my inventory from Usborne Books & More was bought and paid for. I thought I would receive tons of donations and it would be easy to donate all my books to United Way Every Day Learners. After receiving 3 generous donations, I finally felt a little better but wished I could help more children with giving books for Christmas. As I sat feeling a little sad for myself, I received a phone call. A phone call that took all that stress away and made me cry because of the love I felt from a stranger. Someone had anonymously donated enough money to pay for every single book I had, and I was told that I could donate all my books! Whoever that wonderful stranger is, thank you so much! I will forever remember your kindness!

Donating my books!
This is at the United Way building in Provo :)
We got to Washington on Wednesday and are having a blast. We’ve loved being spoiled by Carter’s Great-grandma with amazing food and her all to ourselves (for a couple of hours). Luckily we have snow tires, because we hit lots of snow and ice on our adventure to Washington. In Idaho they closed the roads just after we drove by, because of sheets of ice covering the road and many people getting into accidents. We went 5mph for a good 45min to an hour. Then the pass to Washington had lots of snow on the roads, SO FUN (ha)! Once we got to my parent house however, nothing…. It felt like fall again when we got out of the car.  Tri-cities has always been pretty mild in the winter.

Thursday we had our annual Christmas Eve lunch/ dinner and every year it has snowed (that we’ve gone) but no such luck this time. It was great to see my sisters get here safely and Carter was excited to see his cousin Carmen. While eating dinner a gift appeared at the table for my mom and dad to open. As soon as my dad saw what was inside he smiled and cheered! It took my mom a little while to figure it out, but the card said… 10 little fingers, 10 little toes, 2 little eyes and 1 little nose. Put them together and what do you get? A baby due in MAY! That’s right ladies and gents, we are having a BABY! What a HUGE miracle we are yet again able to witness.
The Cool Big Bro <3
After lunch we visited Santa at the mall and some of us went shopping for some last minute gifts. Once everyone was home again, our evening was filled with talking about the miracle of Christmas, opening our Christmas Eve gifts (PJS), and watching a Christmas movie. I must say we stayed up a little too late after putting the kiddos down, and playing Santa at 1 am was a little hard lol. We got it done though and snuggled in our beds awaiting the exciting Christmas morning.

Christmas was very enjoyable! It took us forever to open all the gifts, because the tree was buried in gifts. It was so fun watching Carmen and Carter react to the gifts they tried so hard to open, and I was sitting in anticipation for Jason to open his big gift. Once all the gifts were opened, we got ready for our great Christmas breakfast feast. We had delicious food and got to veg and play games the rest of the day. It was pretty wonderful.

The Tree on Christmas morning!
Carter with his gift from Grandma and Grandpa

My cute boy opening gifts
The two wonderful people who made all this possible 

My cute niece on Christmas day.


The day after Christmas, we went for a hike in 28 degree weather! It was awesome lol. We actually had a lot of fun even with kiddos who walked with short little legs and begged to be snuggled and warm. It was so nice to get out and get some fresh air and exercise. Especially after a day of vegging :) I have loved being surrounded by my family and able to visit with them each night. The best part is, we still have a whole week of this left! I just hope it doesn’t go too fast! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

My little cutie hiking
It was cold!
He loved walking with Dyelan and Kira

Well, we ended up getting snow! It wasn't on Christmas Eve, but a couple days later we got a little dusting. Carter loved building a snowman with his favorite aunt. He was so sad when it fell over later, and every time we go outside he mentions his melted snow man with a sad face. He loves playing in the snow, too bad I didn't enjoy it as much. We still have lots of time for adventures while we are here, so stayed tuned, happy reading!


The snowman looked like a mouse
Carter with his snow man
The finished product. He loved it!
isn't he the cutest?
Yeah... my husband is cool ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment