January 3, 2014

This Roller Coaster Called Life Part 1

Well, we made it to 2014! This little family has had all kinds of adventures. We've gotten the stomach flu, flew to Tuscon Arizona, flew to Denver, spent a couple of days in Salt Lake, attended a funeral in Montana, drove to Tri Cities Washington, and hung out in Twin Falls Idaho for the New Year. We are fantastic at having multiple things go wrong, but managed to get out of each adventure with smiles on our faces :)

So... getting the stomach flu the day before leaving on a long waited trip to the desert in the winter, was probably the worst thing that could have happened. Luckily Carter was still his happy self, but mom and dad were dragging all day. Jason started the day at work while I was puking my guts out, but after struggling to get Carter out of his crib and having enough of no sleep, he came home and followed suit. We were both so very sick :( The priesthood is amazing however, because after seeing that I had a temperature of 103, Jason gave me a blessing. About 12 hours later, I was completely healed. Except for feeling a little weak, I was doing great! I was so happy we wouldn't have to cancel our trip, but we sure had to pack and pack in a hurry! We left that very same night to stay in Salt Lake for our early morning flight to Tuscon.

We were about 2 hours into our 4 hour trip (we left way later than expecting too), when I noticed my ID was not with me. Well ladies and gentleman, if you have ever forgotten your ID and somehow found a way to fly, please let me know. Our poor little family had to turn around at 7 pm to go home and get mom's ID and then continue our journey back to Salt Lake. Oh boy was I not happy with myself, but after grabbing my ID, getting in the car, and driving away, all I could do was laugh at the stupid mistake I made.

We arrived in Salt Lake around midnight, said hello to my brother-in-law and crashed as fast as we could. 5 am came around way too quickly, and suddenly we found ourselves driving to the airport in a hurry. Flying for the first time with a baby, we should have given ourselves plenty of time to go through security, but of course we did not and somehow waited in the longest (time not people) line for our tickets. We were so late getting our tickets that they told us they could not check our car seat. We were both not happy with the news, but booked it to security. Someone must have been watching over us, because we were put in an express line and made it to the plane just as they said it was the last call.

Don't worry, getting on the plane was not easy for us either. Just as we took out our boarding passes the lady informed us we needed an infant pass for Carter. I was almost ready to say, you know... 'let's just stay in Salt Lake.' The lady was very helpful however, and we got our infant pass and sat in our seats just as they announced our departure. Oh boy :)

We had a layover in Phoenix and almost missed our flight there too. We were starving and so Jason ran to get us something to eat while I watched our bags and let Carter crawl around. Well, the plane to Tuscon I guess was very small and they were waiting on us... There were about 10 people on the flight. Jason made it in the nic of time and we made it!!

Staying in Tuscon actually went very well considering our craziness to get there. We stayed at a really nice resort, got to visit my Aunt, Uncle, and their kids (I got to spend lots of time with them because Jason had meetings all day), ate at an amazing Mexican restaurant called Cafe Poca Cosa, went to the zoo (carter's first time), I got pampered at a "spa", Carter met Santa for the first time, and we didn't have to wear jackets the entire time! It was an amazing trip!!

Our flight back was much better, especially because it wasn't so early in the morning. We of course thought we didn't bring the camera and didn't take any pictures but with our phones, and later found that we had the camera with us the whole time. Yep, of course just our luck. Here are some pictures of Carter at the zoo!

Carter at the zoo! Thought it was going to be a lot hotter than 60 

My cute cousin who is just a little older than Carter

We saw some bears

Look how excited he is lol

No crying with Santa!!!!!!
Well, Carter and I chilled in Salt Lake for a couple of days, while Jason jetted off on another plane to work in Denver Colorado (the same day we got back, poor guy). Luckily nothing went wrong there, although we weren't able to spend time with the people we wanted to. Everyone was busy, so we made our trip worth while with tons of last minute Christmas shopping. That's what you have to do when you live out in the middle of nowhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment