September 9, 2012

I'm a survivor!

It is amazing how crazy and wild life can get sometimes. In fact, being a teacher automatically makes your life crazy. Thinking about your students all the time, and making sure they are getting the best education that you can give them, is exhausting! I survived the first week of school though.... and boy was it a doozy! I guess I'll start from the beginning and tell you all about it :)

The first day of school was so nerve raking, but turned out to be the greatest day of the week. I met all of my sweet little 3rd graders and got to see a glimps of how the rest of the school year would be. I LOVE being a teacher! It is so amazing to have my dream job in 3rd grade too! Back to school night later that night was a little rocky. I was so nervous to be in front of so many parents, and honestly I felt like I was a bore. I haven't gotten yelled at though, so that's a good sign :) No, actually my parents this year are so wonderful! They are all so eager and willing to help. I LOVE IT!

The rest of the week was a little crazy. In fact Wednesday morning I was going for my usual morning run (don't worry, it's only 3 miles so my doctor can't yell at me), and about a mile away from you house there were train tracks. Running at 5 am is a little risky, because it's still dark and very hard to see. I thought I would be fine running over the tracks for the millionth time, when all of the sudden a car whipped around the corner and was going WAY TOO FAST! Not really thinking too much about it, I moved out of the way and ending up falling a long ways down and tripping over the tracks. 2 seconds later my arms were bloody and I felt as if I had just gotten hit by the car. I had to laugh a little at myself for being so silly and started my walk back home. I guess my fall was a little worse than I thought because I was covered in bruises, had a broken pinky finger, and broke my phone cover. Great way to start off the first week of school huh? My little 3rd graders were pretty concerned about me when they saw me that morning :)

I made it through Friday, and was excited to have a some what relaxing weekend getting ready for the second week of school. I guess I can't really decide what happens, because I ended visiting my sister and going to a Women's Expo. Upon my return home Saturday however, my car decided to hate me. I was broken down on the side of the road awaiting a rescue from Jason. Luckily I wasn't too far away from my sister, and ended up being able to hang out with her some more. After Jason being the amazing man that he is and fixing our car we actually decided to just stay in Orem with my sister for a little while. That little while turned into Rock Band with some friends for 3 hours and falling asleep to Hot Rod on my sister's couch. So much for getting anything prepared for school ha ha.

Now we are home with a still broken car and I am freaking out a little bit about tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to put my quick thinking skills to use and whip something up :) Until then, sorry there are no pictures. The fall pics were a little to gross to post, and honestly I didn't take any pics during school.... I hope you enjoy reading and next time I promise more pictures! :)

P.S Next weekend is the BIG marathon I'm not able to run, and Jason will be running a 5k. Not to mention, I think one last camping trip is in order... Until then, have a better week than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment