June 7, 2012

Long time no post

so... I have decided that I am a failure when it comes to posts. I do have an excuse, but I'm not sure if it's really the greatest one. Here is the story....

September 6, 2011 the phone rang on my lunch break. I had gotten a job as a teaching assistant working in classrooms at Bear River Charter in Logan. It was a good job and very close to where we lived, but something I longed to do more than anything was to actually teach in my own classroom. This phone call changed our lives and family forever. A principal from West Point Elementary called to interview me that very afternoon. Being discouraged and with this being my 5th interview, I thought what the heck. So I drove 60 miles to that very school for an interview.

The interview went very well and I loved the principal who interviewed me. I had no intention of actually getting offered the job, and really didn't mind because I enjoyed the job I had. My interview strangely turned into a tour, and being introduced to the faculty and staff who still remained in the building. As we walked back to the main office we sat down one last time and I Clarissa Osborn was offered a third grade position! Our life was changed forever that day! It was hard to say goodbye to the kids I had been working with for two week, but I was thrilled to have my very own classroom! Literally my dreams were coming true!


I know that doesn't really explain my failure at writing posts, but I promise it's legit. Being a 1st year teacher, thrown in after the school year had already started, and having to commute an hour both ways, was very time consuming and a ton of hard work! I had the most amazing class anyone could every ask for, and those kids have touched my life forever. Now that school is out however, I have tons of time on my hands to tell you all about our adventures! Especially the adventures of our move to Vegas and an interesting trip to California... I'll save that for another time. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment