June 29, 2012

A Day in the Life of Me :)



So... many of you might wonder what a teacher (who teaches in Utah) on summer vacation does, while living in Vegas? Well I am about to tell you :)

Vegas is super hot in the summer, so my day actually starts out quite early. Saving the world has to happen in at least 75 degree weather (actually it's never that cool here). I usually wake up with Jason at 3am and then start my day with a nice long run at 5am. It's kinda neat to run around the neighborhoods we live around. There are some awesome things to look at in the desert and there are even a couple of off roading trails I like to take! I even found a path that has sprinklers in the morning! YES!
Las Vegas Landscape. I get to look at this while I run!!
At about 7:00 I hit the shower, and finally get ready to conqure the world... by painting my toes or reading a good book. I just recently finished The Help, which is way good. Some parts were a little hard to read (very graphic), but over all I'd recommend it to anyone. 
my toes :) Ha ha

I then browse the internet, and find awesome things to do and places to go.... Ha ha or maybe I take a nap.... Until my roommate Heidi wakes up! Then I bust out my guitar :) Ha ha, it's pretty much the highlight of my day. Heidi probably thinks I'm a little crazy to be bustin' out my guitar and singing at 10:00am, but oh well.
kinda blurry... taken with my phone

By 12:00 it is lunch time! Then I am off to see the world. I never thought in my entire life I would be as independent as I am. I hated doing anything by myself, but now why would not knowing anyone stop me from having fun? I usually go shopping, check out craft stores just for the heck of it (any teacher store is a must!), or explore the places we have close by. It really is kinda fun. I am always in search of something new to try too. I sometimes clean houses during this time, and hopefully I'll start watching kids soon.
my heaven... I love going to this store!! :)

Jason is usually home by 4:00 and I try to surprise him. Yesterday he came home early, so I made him go back outside, count to five, and re-enter, just so I could start a water fight. It didn't last very long, and by the time we were done both of us were pretty cooled off.

Having a roommate has been a little weird for us (we've only had each other to share a house with for over 2 years), so we decided to make a tradition every night to make sure we're not home as often. We joined a gym just down the street and so we change and head over to the gym for a couple of hours. I love it when we ride our bikes there, but we're super hot and sweaty by the time we get there. Jason is a very good personal trainer and has been helping me to make my muscles bigger :D

our fave place :P
After the gym we have to get our stinky sweaty selves cleaned up and ready for dinner. A new thing that I've really enjoyed lately, is that we both make dinner together every single night! It is seriously awesome! I love cooking with Jason, except when he thinks he knows what he is doing and tries to take over. He's usually pretty cranky because he's so hungry.

After dinner we clean up, read scriptures, work on memorizing A Proclamation to the World, play music (sometimes), pray, and go to bed. I feel like an old fart when we go to bed at 9, but it's nice.

Well.... that's my day pretty much everyday. I must say I have no complaints. I think I might start making the pool a part of my everyday schedule..... Tonight is DATE NIGHT! I better find something exciting to do, it's my turn to plan!



P.S. Tonight we're talking to our roommate about the puppy! She's been gone for 10 days so by the end of the weekend we'll know for sure what's going to happen :D

No comments:

Post a Comment