May 2, 2021

Cancun Mexico





At the resort

A couple of weekends ago, Jason and I got to escape to Cancun Mexico while our babies kicked it with grandma. I'm so thankful she was willing to fly out to watch our littles, so that we could spend some much needed time together and have a fun adventure!

Flying to Cancun

If you've never been to Cancun, I think it is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The sand is white, the ocean bright blue, and palm trees are everywhere! The people are so friendly and accommodating. I loved every minute of it and didn't want to leave, but missed my babies like crazy!!!

View from our balcony

So... our story starts on a beautiful Wednesday evening full of driving to LA and having my first international flight experience. There were lots of people, lots of lines, lots of questions, and a red eye flight to Florida. Exhausted and excited, we landed in Cancun safe and sound Thursday afternoon. A day of travel with little sleep, but totally worth it for an ocean view balcony, new experiences, new people, and a weekend that helped our minds and hearts grow.

Early in the AM after red eye flight


The first order of business after checking into our room, was a nice trip to the spa. We indulged in some incredible massages, we're spoiled with chcolate covered almonds, and relaxed for a bit before heading to the beach. The beach was gorgeous, and we soon found ourselves sitting at a restaurant to eat some grub. The view was our favorite part!

Restaurant view. That water๐Ÿ˜

Going to another country when you don't exactly speak the same language, was a comical experience. It probably wasn't very funny for the guy we almost dined and ditched on, but it was a pretty funny story. Just picture a man running after us on the beach in boots yelling, "Senior Osborn!" We might have felt a little bad that he was chasing us for a long time.

Pic on our balcony 

That evening we decided to hit the hot tub and met some pretty awesome peeps there! Every night we ended our day there, and it was so neat to meet everyone in person and hear incredible stories of their unique journeys in life. I think that part is what I loved the most. So many inspiring people shared their stories and how hard they pushed back to create the life they wanted. It reminded me that I to can do hard things!

Our night time routine

Friday and Saturday were filled with amazing speakers, activities, and making more life long friends. Lunch was a unique experience with beautiful catered food, wonderful conversations, and a gratitude that I got to share my new passion with Jason. I felt over overjoyed for this opportunity to take part in such a great event!

My beautiful friend and mentor coach

The food ๐Ÿ˜‹

In between classes, team dinners and hang outs, we ate amazing seafood, consumed Gelato, and soaked in the feeling of being around people.

Friday night dinner ๐Ÿฝ

A huge take away that I brought home with me, is that we were meant to live and not just survive!!! We all were sent to earth to figure out how to reach our greatest potential!!! Yes, it will be hard, but if it wasn't hard... what would be the point. I love that I've found a community of people who are all striving to live their best life, and I love that they are willing to invite me along!!!

Every one who came to the event


Love these people!!!


When Sunday morning came, I was a little sad our trip ended up being so short, but so excited to see my littles!!! They were having too much fun with grandma to bother returning our calls and texts, but I'd relive the moment they saw me over and over again!!!

Our last night

Sunday in the airport


Selfie with mom at the airport

"Many people die with their music still in them. Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out."

Oliver Wendall Holmes

I hope you are all living, and not just getting ready to live. The ride is wild, and the experience is like nothing else!!! Happy reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Clarissa, would you tell me the name of the resort? It looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete