January 4, 2018

Happy 2018!!!

I can't believe another year has passed by so quickly. 2017 was a hard year for our little family, but we also saw so many blessings and have seen how much we have all grown from the hardships we have faced. Looking forward to 2018, I sure hope it's not as eventful lol.
Carter's preschool Christmas program 

Our December was full of Christmas fun. I decided to incorporate some new traditions that included making an advent calendar filled with fun activities to do each day until Christmas. We did great with it for the first 4 days, but as you have probably found, life happens and some activities...though planned didn't happen. We still got to think of serving others, create memories, and remember the true meaning of Christmas. I might give it another shot next year 😊

Our first activity, festival of trees!
We enjoyed ourselves.
Gingerbread houses!

Carter's creation!

The final product.

We were thought of and blessed this season with wonderful people who thought of our little angels. There were many occasions when we found a treasure on our doorstep in the form of ornaments, letters, and little ways to remember our 5 sweet baby girls. An amazing group of wonderful neighbors even brought over vases of flowers to represent each one. They will never know how much that meant to me.

5 vases of beautiful flowers!

We spent Christmas with family in Washington state, and had a blast! Not only did Carter get to play with his cousins at all hours of the day and night, but went to a trampoline park, ate an incredible amount of sugar, got spoiled with lots of gifts, took family pictures, and was sad when it all had to end. I even got to visit some old friends who make going back to Washington for Christmas worth it (Danna and Alyson, we didn't take a picture!). Although we missed having 5 little stockings, 5 little baby girls to hold, and 5 little girls to dress and take care of, we had a pretty wonderful vacation.

The whole gang for Christmas! 
Fun day at the trampoline park!
Well, 2017 went out with a BANG! After enjoying a long week in Washington with my awesome family, we got to celebrate the birth of this crazy guy. My best friend and confidant through thick and thin. The man who makes me want to be better everyday and loves me unconditionally. I'm so glad he is mine forever! Although I think I would have picked a different day for his birthday lol. 6 days after Christmas makes gift giving hard. We had a fun evening to celebrate him with delicious German chocolate cake, ice cream, games, and amazing company. At midnight (EST) we celebrated the ending of one of the hardest years I have ever had in my life, and made a resolution to have a great 2018 no matter what!

Love him!

Jason's cake made from scratch!
Reflecting on all the things our little family went through in 2017, I have seen how much we've grown and how much I've learned. I've learned that God has a plan for each of us. I've learned that the experiences we have in this life are all about the way we see them. I've learned that there is so much good and so much love in the world and so many incredible people. I've learned that I am not alone in my trials and struggles. I've learned to be more loving and kind

I challenge all of you to have a great 2018! I challenge you to love a little deeper, talk at little nicer, be slower to judge, and always find ways to help each other through the challenges this life brings all of us. Make this year the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment