March 5, 2017

A visit to Utah

Yep, we just got back from a visit to Utah (3ish weeks ago). It was a pretty crazy week, and now that everything is said and done, I'm glad we got to go for a visit and we get to be in North Carolina for a little longer. If it were up to me, it would be A          LOT longer, but you get what you get and you make the best of it! 

The flight

Did I ever mention that I hate flying? It is always fun having Carter around and how excited he gets with everything, but once that turbulence hits... I'm down and out! Especially with the turbulence heading into salt lake. I almost grabbed a barf bag. It took me a while to settle my stomach, and much of the waiting was with my eyes closed. It was not very fun.
Cute little man sleeping on the plane
We're flying. Can you tell I don't feel very good?
Anyways, I'm sure you don't really want to hear about my wonderful barf bag experiences, so we'll get back to our trip to Utah. First of all, it was a little weird to be coming back for a visit and staying in our own house. For one we felt like guests, and for another my sister has made herself comfortable and taken up tons of our space, so that was different to see as well. I never knew a single person could have so much. It was good to see all our old pictures and see that our home was still standing. I must admit, I've missed having our house.

The whole week was filled with friends and visiting. Carter was so happy to see all of his good friend again, and so was I. That's the part I've missed the most, the wonderful neighbors and friends we've been so blessed to have and keep. My little niece Carmen even got to spend the day with us, and we all loved it. I guess seeing family again was pretty great too ;) 
Carter was so excited to see the snow!
We brought good weather with us and played outside!
When my parents flew in, all the wedding craziness came crashing in and life was suddenly exhausting. There were so many things to do, so many people to feed, and so many things that were not quite communicated. The groom’s family wasn’t happy with how we did things, but they don’t speak English. Kira and her husband were an hour late to the reception, and I’m sure we looked hilarious to those who weren’t part of helping out. There was arguing, and mixed cultural things, and really we had a little bit of a good laugh when it was all over.  I'm sure everyone has their share of crazy wedding stories. In the end, my little sis was beautiful and I really hope things work out for her. I can't believe my little brother is the only single one left. Since when did we all get so old?! 
Carter with his buddies waiting outside the temple.
The bride and groom
The siblings.
The nieces and nephews
I made these for the reception. They took FOREVER! I had an awesome friend and family help me out.
I loved having my family all together once the reception was over. We had so much fun spending the day together and I realized I do miss being around family. Although it may not be good all the time lol, it is definitely good when we do get together.  
Uncle Andres and Carter busting into some cake.
My mom and dad left Monday afternoon, so we spent the morning together with them and my big bro. After Cabela’s, Scheels, and a lunch adventure, we all said our goodbyes and off we were back to life. The rest of Monday was packing, cleaning, trying to get things organized and ready for our all day trip back to North Carolina. Then Tuesday morning the shuttle picked us up and we were on another flying adventure. Tuesday wasn’t so bad though and I ended up getting to North Carolina in pretty good spirits, and not a single grab for the barf bag.

During our week adventure in Utah, we found out that we might be going home middle of March or early April. I cannot believe our awesome adventure will be ending so soon. No worries though, we will make the most of it and do all we can to make it the most memorable possible! Happy reading, at least for the next few North Carolina posts…..
Carter and his cousin Taylor trying out a quad

No comments:

Post a Comment